Snowdays Foundation is a Portland, Oregon based volunteer organization dedicated to youth empowerment through snowboarding. Our program teaches snowboarding to young people engaged in youth mentoring programs.
Our mission is to empower young people through the experience, challenge and success of learning to snowboard.
By working through challenges on the mountain, students gain self-confidence, strengthen relationships with mentors, and gain a deeper appreciation for the outdoors. The organizers of Snowdays have all benefited from snowboarding; learning to respect and care for the mountain, understanding the benefits of healthy lifestyle choices, and appreciating the joy that snow sports can bring. It is our hope to pass on this knowledge, excitement, and passion to the students.
Board of Directors
- Jessica Brickley: Co-Chair Finance & Fundraising
- Jen Lorentzen: Co-Chair Communications
- Zelyna Sillas: Volunteer Management, Public Relations
- Kyle Sharpe: Student & Partner Relations
- Jaron Heard: Technology & Inclusion
- Dale Casey: Community Outreach
- Kaylee Helfrecht: Operations
- Andrew Handcuff: Events
- Malia Ramos: Events
- Rob Aragon, Industry Outreach
Snowdays Foundation was founded in 2004 by Portland teacher, Patrick Edwards, and professional snowboarder, Travis Parker. That year we took up our first group of students to Mt Hood from Jefferson High School.