Snowdays Foundation is a Portland, Oregon based volunteer organization dedicated to youth empowerment through snowboarding. Our program teaches snowboarding to young people engaged in youth mentoring programs.
Our mission is to provide life skills through snowboarding for middle and high school students.
By working through challenges on the mountain, students gain self confidence, strengthen friendships, and also have an opportunity to appreciate their natural surroundings. The organizers of Snowdays have all reaped vast benefits from snow sports, learning to respect and care for the mountain environment, understanding the benefits of healthy lifestyle choices, and appreciating the joy that snow sports can bring. It is our hope to pass on this knowledge, excitement, and passion to the students.
Board of Directors
- Jessica Brickley: Co-Chair Finance & Fundraising
- Jen Lorentzen: Co-Chair Communications
- Zelyna Sillas: Volunteer Management, Public Relations
- Kyle Sharpe: Student & Partner Relations
- Jaron Heard: Technology & Inclusion
- Dale Casey: Community Outreach
- Kaylee Helfrecht: Operations
- Andrew Handcuff: Events
- Malia Ramos: Events
- Rob Aragon, Industry Outreach
Snowdays Foundation was founded in 2004 by Portland teacher, Patrick Edwards, and professional snowboarder, Travis Parker. That year we took up our first group of students to Mt Hood from Jefferson High School.